Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Jessica's Facebook Post Today
I found out the decision of St. Jude yesterday, they say intense chemo just like Philadelphia and NewYork. Braden's oncologist here at Scottishrite is still on the fence about treating B that way because B does not act like a stage four cancer patient. He had tons of energy and acts like a normal two year old:) with intense chemo comes stem cell transplants, and antibody therapy and a lot of sickness!!! We will talk further tomorrow when we meet with the surgeon at Scottishrite. Our doctor has also suggested that we take B to CHOP in philadelphia to see Dr. Mossei so that she can see him in person. She is the doc. That sets the protocols for kids with neuroblastoma. Lots of prayers needed that we make the right decision for Braden. I feel so much pressure that I'm not going to make the right decision. Why can't the doctors agree?? It would make things so much easier, but I am glad that our doctor is not rushing into things. He wants to do what is right for B, not just what it looks like on paper. We will be having a CT soon, hopefully next week to see what has happened during this waiting period. This should also give us some answers. If nothing has changed then this might tell us that we don't need intense Chemo and can just watch it. Please continue to pray with us'
Posted by Catherine Boozer at 7:46 PM